- 25 volumes later, we're still at
Reflections of an Ex-Editor Jim
- Jim reflects on his years as a
Morris dancer and the future of Morris dancing.
- Morris in Chicago
- Morris has been a part of
Chicago since 1910.
- Morris in
James Stevenson & Andrew Bullen
- Rural Illinois saw its share of
Morris performances as well.
Chicago Morris Team, 1969-1971
- Ed generously shares his
memories and photographs of the 1969 Chicago
University of Chicago Sword Dance
- A sword dance written for the
Revels celebrations of the 1930s and 1940s at the University of
in America -- Background Reading
Sharp in America: Collecting in the Appalachians
- Originally published in Musical
Introduction of Morris Into North America Jim
- Originally published in the American
Morris Newsletter, v. 10, n. 3.
Dancing and America Prior to 1913 Dr.
- Originally published in v. 21,
March 1991, and v. 22, June, 1992 of Country Dance and Song
Morris in North America Rich
- Collected from MDDL notes,
originally published online, and then reprinted for Morris
Matters, v. 9.
- Bells of the North,
Minn./St. Paul, MN.
- Deer Creek
San Francisco, CA. Alan Winston & Dick Bagwell
- Faultline Morris,
Hayward, CA. Kate
- Foggy Bottom Morris,
Washington, DC. Jim Voorhees
Traditional Morris, Minn./St. Paul, MN. Arthur
Village Green Morris Men,
Winnipeg, Manitoba Daniel Stone
||If your team is going to perform a ritual play this
holiday season, by all means please visit and contribute to the extraordinary site at http://www.folkplay.info/.
Resources for Morris Research Mike
Heaney & Andrew Bullen
- Two librarians, one from the
one from the U.S., describe how to use the resources of libraries for Morris
The Morris & The Revels George
- The Revels, a mid-winter
celebratory show, has always had a strong Morris contigent.
This article is dedicated to John
Langstaff, founder of the Revels,
who passed away this December.
The Morris Dancer by G. D. Wilson Andrew
- The 1878 sheet music, made live
for your enjoyment!
Shall I See My Billy Again Tony
- A personal history of the Marlboro Morris Ale, the newsletter, and departed friends
of the Morris Dancer Ethan Hay
- In another fine cartoon, Ethan
explores the debate of Intelligent Design vs. Evolution in the
making of the species Homo Morriscus Americanorum.
River Morris Cynthia
- The history of Muddy River Morris and its
struggles as a germinal women's team in the 1970s
- Rochdale Morris
- Rochdale Morris in Rochdale, near Manchester in England, are hoping to host an American Morris team for their 25th Anniversary Rushbearing Festival on the 29th and 30th of July 2006. Limited accomodation (approx 20 - 25 people) will be provided, along with driven mini-bus for the week if anyone wishes to visit places of interest in the North West of England...also pick ups to and from the airport.
Rochdale Morris visited the Quakes and Ale Morris team in San Francisco 1991 and would love to show an American team the same hospitality...everything will be provided except flights.
- Any teams interested should contact
- Use paypal to
donate to AMN!
- Help us to buy some small
shards of coal for the office stove and perhaps some lumps of
streaky fat to go into our thin gruel...