Vol. 26, No. 2, August 2006
None of this issue would have happened without
the gracious forbearance of Laurie Cumming, co-editor extraordinaire.
Abbots Bromley Horn Dance
- The Abbots Bromley Horn Dance
occurs on the Monday following the first Sunday following September
4th. That makes it, this year, on September 11th.Try and make it if
the Bells of the Cathedral
- The Deer Creek Morris team celebrated the close of its 20th season with an invitation to dance after Sunday services at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco.
Read about their exploits...
Dancing in the DVRA
- What resources does the Digital
Video Resource Archive at Boston University have? Dr. Barrand
describes the resources available online in the DVRA.
Carnival, Sword Dances, and their Metaphors
- Learn about Basque
sword dancing and its roots in Basque culture from a scholar
of the subject.
Examinations and Syllabi in the 1920s
- Cecil Sharp's approach to the
nascent EFDSS was to treat the subject in a scholarly manner, and
approach the learning of Morris through examinations and syllabi.
Stein and the St. Louis Morris Team
to the Dance
- The Midwest Morris Ale will be
held in St. Louis over the Memorial Day weekend this year. Learn
more about their plans.
Morris Team Directory
Add your team's information! Rich
- Rich has developed an online
team directory (and more) based on Wiki software. Have a look! This
is a repeat from last issue, but we need your entry!
- Use paypal to
donate to AMN!
- With a small donation from you,
maybe little Timmy can finally get that operation he so desperately